Monday, March 26, 2007

Chicken Tartare Update!

It seems my recent blog post about visiting McDonald's and being served an uncooked chicken sandwich went viral.

The Apiary caught it first with this adorable post. Then Gawker linked to it, and then tons of blogs (including the good folk at the Comedy Central Insider) and popular link roundup sites, some of which I'd never heard of. Uniquedaily.com brought tons o' traffic.

And even though some sites posted the story but didn't link back to me or my original photos (tsk tsk!), I am amazed by the number of people who did find and click-thru to my pics on Flickr. Currently this one photo alone has been viewed over 18 thousand times. Yes, that's 18 thousand.

In short, y'all should think twice before giving this redheaded girl blogger a raw deal.

Note: I know, the word "viral" in terms of Web stuff is so overused it is nearly as icky as a raw chicken lozenge. OK, not that icky, but you know what I mean.