Friday, April 22, 2005

Stray Pride, explained

Ever wondered about the stupid title of this blog? I have. I have often wondered why it's so stupid. Extreme laze is the only thing that has kept me from changing it. But the title comes from a brilliant idiotic idea I had to take pictures of my mutt against a rainbow background and then market a line of Stray Pride products to encourage mutt adoption and to be sold in my West Village hood. Maybe not the best idea, but maybe not the worst.

The only thing that has prevented me from making and marketing these products is -- you guessed it -- extreme laze.

Here are two of the test photos we took last year. "We" being my best buddy Shana, who did the 'tographing. All I did was the concept, props and hair & makeup.* Enjoy and remember that you can say you knew me when, once my line of cunning Stray Pride Day products rocket me to fame and fortune.

straypride

Dog_1

*No, I didn't put makeup on my dog. That was a joke. I don't want to appear on an upcoming episode of Animal Cops for going all Mary Kay on my dog.