Monday, June 25, 2007

Your dog ignored on a Manhattan roof -- only $1000/month!

The Ritzy Canine Carriage House, "New York's city [sic] preeminent luxury quarters, daycare and veterinary facility for dogs and cats," has a rooftoop billed thusly, "Your loved one will revel in the simple pleasure of playing outdoors in the fresh air." Well, my undercover, overhead investigation reveals "play" = bored dogs hoping the guy on the roof will stop texting his girlfriend and throw a ball. All pictures taken on 6/20/07 by me.

Undercover pooch
Ritzy Canine Carriage House


"Please pet meeeeeeeeeeeee!"

And finally, fat NYC dogs getting fatter...
<-- Look at the dog stage right... he's dreaming of his rich and overly guilty owner's bed.

A few years ago, I worked briefly at a dog spa in Manhattan (not this one). I didn't last long for a variety of reasons. What I learned could fill a book. And so that's what I'm doing. Stay tuned...