Thursday, July 14, 2005

Males 18-49 eat this stuff up ...

I saw a print ad today for a new show on the Outdoor Channel called Ultimate Match Fishing

The ad described the show as
FISHING'S NEWEST REALITY COMPETITION SHOW

I'm glad they put the word "reality" in there.

The last thing we need is yet another fishing competition-based drama.

SFX: rim shot

But seriously folks...

While looking for info on this show I found myself on the Outdoor Channel's website and was surprised to see they had devoted an entire section to "Prospecting." When I clicked on the tab, I saw they currently have five shows devoted to prospecting. For reals. Click here for an action-packed still from Prospecting America if you don't believe me.

At first I thought, "Didn't prospecting jump the shark in like, 1864?"

But then I realized, prospecting shows are actually an ingenious way to snag that coveted bearded 'n crazy demo. So I say, way to go Outdoor Channel.

"There's gold in them thar old people!"




<-- Unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture of a crazy bearded prospector, so this pic of a typical baby boomer will have to do.











Now, see below for info on my upcoming live and in person type shows...