Wednesday, December 14, 2005

We really need to talk about last night...

Indeed, we should 'cause it was the famed WYSIWYG talent show!

As always, there was a lot of talent and a lot of show.

After talking about how I flash my Jew-cred, I read two pieces. The first hee-larious story about holiday trauma I had recently submitted for something else, so I can't really post it here. The other one, titled "The Cantor with the Golden Throat" well, it was awright, but to be honest I just don't think it's strong enough to post -- yet. But even if it was in shape (it's not) truth is I don't blog about personal stuff here. I don't mean it's "personal" as in terribly juicy. It's not at all. It's just that's it's not of the genre of stuff I put on my blog.

If you haven't noticed, this blog is all about, a whole lotta nothing. And I don't really want to break the streak I've got going.

Many thanks to the lovely and talented Chris Hampton, Andy Horwitz and Dan Rhatigan for, once again, making it such a great experience.

Smoochies,

Susie

PS At the last WYSIWYG talent show I did in July, an audience member took a photo of me that wasn't flattering. In fact, that photo made me look like a bloated rhino with Downs. The problem was two fold...

1: when I Googled myself (ladies you really should learn how to do this for yourselves), this hideous photo came up.

2: I would've asked this stranger to take it down, but he said really nice things about how wonderful and hilarious my WYSIWYG piece was, so I felt guilty/torn.

And so, ever since the last WYSIWYG talent show, I've been secretly trying to do damage control. First, I went into flickr and named all the flattering photos I had of myself "Susie Felber". But I found those two photos could not usurp the awesome power the hideous photo seemed to have. So, to be perfectly honest, ever since the WYSIWYG summer show I've been naming all kinds of photos "Susie Felber" even if they are of say, gas tanks or alley cats, men's undies or outdoor puppet shows.

For instance, here's a recent photo of "Susie Felber":
SusieFelber Susie Felber
Wow that Susie Felber is HOT! Photo credit: www.tabletools.com

And still, even with all this, the photo is down but not out. Did this guy blow Google? I think so.

PPS No, I'm not going to link to the hideous frizzy Rhino photo. Are you kidding me?