1. My Stan made it onto Modern Pooch. For those of you that don't know, this is the dog equivalent of getting into Harvard. And it means your dog is a loser. *
2. My friend Chris Regan started a funny blog. You should click 'n see.
3. My mom got a great new review in PW and blogged about it here. I bet my mom can blog up your mom.
4. Speaking of mom, once again, without consulting her, I entered her in Regis and Kelly's "Mom's Dream Come True Contest." RKB (a brilliant woman who enters contests) would understand. I wrote about entering it last year, right here. In short: the dream was to have one of mom's books featured and selected by Kelly as a beach read. As mom's new well-reviewed book is coming out in June, how perfect would that be? So perfect.
Sure last year I heard nothing but nothing from Regis and Kelly, and Mother's Day passed with her 'n her dog coming upstate to hang with me and w/o her dream coming true... so why subject myself to the silent Regis rejection yet again? Because this year I had a newer and cuter photo of us to send that was taken in February at a family friend's wedding:
Yes, to answer your question, we do get better looking with every year. It's a family curse. By the time I hit 65, I'll be so hot the sun will look chilly by comparison. (And yes, I realize mommy and me are patternaholics. It's a disease, people!)
5. Now, not to be a bummer but it's rare you read something more disturbing than a stomach-turning expose on Darfur... yet this article about Iran is the scariest thing I've read, maybe ever.
6. No, that's it, there is no #6.
*Of course your dog isn't a loser. That was a joke, dawgs. Look, to prove it, here's my co-worker Shannon's dog Dr. Z...
Dr. Z -- OMG so cute!