Thursday, June 21, 2007

Who dat?

My Birthday by Stephen Gardner gardnerillustration.com
Happy Birthday to me!

Don't miss my good friend Stephen Gardner's ambitious, awesome new blog, Sketch of the Day. Steve is a incredible professional illustrator whose precise and beautiful works I've blogged about before (here too). Partly inspired by the MA in illustration he recently completed (while also working as a pro illustrator), on Sketch of the Day he shares his sketches, and dashed off thoughts, letting himself be more experimental and in the moment.

I personally love his really quick slices of life. they are like poetry. Only someone with so much training could make something so simple, so beautiful. Like this parking pic in Crown Heights Brooklyn...


And this nakedy lady at the Society of Illustrators...


So if I were you, or your were I, I'd check him out everyday, right here.