Monday, March 22, 2004

I'm a big (So)Ho

This Wednesday night I'm performing at Soho House. The infamous NY Soho House, dahlings.

Thing is, it's a members-only affair. I'm allowed one guest, and that's it.

I'm not a member, but still able to perform. Groucho Marx said something like, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

I say, "I refuse to join any club that I can't afford to become a member of."

And I add, "But I'm totally psyched to snarf down dinner and drinks and get to perform my comic stylings for very possibly wealthy, or at least probably media-connected others who will all try to act like they aren't looking for celebrities or they don't think it's awesome to be so very lucky to be drinking and dining in the ultra-cool spot of the moment."

Will my appearance and my dorkiness that can't be scraped off mark the end of Soho House's cool quotient? Or will my appearance ignite a Felber-induced burning hot hotness that will crown it the coolest place ever from now to eternity?

Let's be honest here people...most likely the latter.