Friday, January 11, 2008

Boo England!


My pal Todd was one of a few writers for RADAR who recently found their stuff was blatantly plagiarised by the Sunday Times of London. Here's an article about the apology TK in today's Guardian. And Todd tells you the whole story here in a blog post called "Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery."

My fave part is how they took lines and UK'd them up -- like merely changing cell phone to mobile-phone. And somehow they are less funny after having been put through the Britalizer. The whole business is morally wrong, sure, but it's also thrillingly stupid!

If those tea-drinking rapscallions think they can steal our amusing listicles, they've got another thing coming! And that other thing? Well, as I happen to live with a tea-drinking rapscallion, I'd best keep mum, er, I mean, mah trap shut.